Saturday, June 29, 2013

Do You Remember?

Do you remember when Cricut came out with markers?  It seemed everyone was using them to make drawings or invitations.  When skydolphin asked if anyone wanted to send cards to LynnF's granddaughter, I decided that I would send her a coloring book made with the Cricut Disney carts and the markers.  It was really easy.  I put 8 designs on each 12" X 12" page (4 on the front and 4 on the back), then cut them into 6" X 6" sheets of paper.  After I got them all printed, I stacked them together, used thick chipboard to keep them from being dented, and clipped them together with large binder clips.  I then put PVA glue along one edge.  After letting that dry for about 15 minutes, I applied another layer of PVA.  While the glue was drying, I assembled the front and back covers using chipboard.  I then measured the thickness of the glued pages and created the spine.  After the cover was complete, I put a lot of glue in the spine area and attached the coloring pages.  I immediately closed the covers, used some lightweight chipboard, and the large binder clips again.  I let this sit for 24 hours.  After 24 hours, I opened it up and the front and back pages stuck a little from the excessive glue.  I just covered them up with some red heart washi tape and this is what I sent to Trinity, along with her card and some colored pencils.  Hope you like it!













2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! It came out so cute and I'm sure that she will really enjoy coloring in her new book! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, Fran, that was very sweet of you! She's gonna have a lot of fun w/ your thoughtful gift! :-)

    ReplyDelete