Friday, July 12, 2013

Christmas in July - Christmas Card


I hope that you are having a great time with the Christmas in July Blog Hop.  This week is Christmas cards.  Don't forget to join my blog and leave a comment.  There are prizes each week and a Grand Prize at the end of the month.  Scrapalette's blog is the start of the hop each week.  If you came here from momto2cuties then you haven't missed out on all the wonderful ideas for Christmas.  If not, be sure and check out her blog.  When you are finished here, check out gonescrappin' to continue with Christmas in July Blog Hop - Christmas card fun.


I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to do a tag like last year or a card.  Well, you're in luck, I went with both.  First up, I used my CCR and Imagine for my Christmas tag.  I used Snow Angel and it was so wonderful having the machine do all my fussy cutting for me.  I started with a tag (mine was purchased but you could always cut one using the Cricut) and adhered Christmas paper to it.  I then punched out the hole at the top.  I inked the edges of the tag and all my fussy cuts.  Next, you will want to stamp your holiday sentiment on the back (I forgot until after, didn't work so well).  Then just start layering your images as you like.  I like to use different thicknesses of pop dots to create depth.  Make sure when you are adhering your images that your tag will fit into an A-7 envelop (5 1/2" X 7").  When you are done, run some ribbon through the hole at the top, tie it to create a loop, and sign your card.  Very easy!





Next is the card.  I went with a side step card and used CCR with the Imagine Santa's Village cart.  Love not having to fussy cut everything.  

I cut my Bazzill cardstock  at 10" X 7".  Along the 10" side, I scored at 2 1/2".  I then turned my cardstock so that the 7" length was along the edge and the 10" length was at the top.  I scored at 2 3/4" from the top to the score line, 5" from top to bottom, 6 1/2" from top to score line, 8" from top to score line, and 8 3/4" from top to score line.  



I then cut my cardstock using the 2 1/2" score line as a guide from the 2 3/4" score line to the 8 3/4" score line.  I hope that is understandable.  If not, there are lots of youtube videos out there to help you along.  I then folded the card to create the layers.  Your 2 3/4" score should be a peak, 5" score a valley on the large side and a peak on the short side, 6 1/2" a peak, 8" a valley, and 8 3/4" a peak.  


You need to cut a 4 1/2" X 4 1/2" piece of cardstock to adhere to the back step.  I then cut a piece of scrap Christmas paper I had to accent the base card.  I inked the edges of the accent paper with Stampin' Up ink.  For Santa's home, I used puffy white paint and dry glitter to give it some depth.  For the tree and toys I pop dotted with different thicknesses to create the depth.  Santa and his reindeer were given a little ink highlights and stickles.  Merry Christmas was from the Artiste cart and cut on my mini.  I glued a little twine between the reindeer and Santa for the reins.




I hope my tag and card gave you a little inspiration.  Please don't forget to continue with the Blog Hop. Thanks and Merry Christmas in July!

To follow along with this weeks line up, the following blogs are participants:



1~Scrapalette's (Paulette)
2~Sis O'Snap (Sis)     
3~Jasper (Diane)
4~Phantom Pink Rat (Lisa)
5~Ladybug (Linda)
6~DBCMC (Donna)
7~momto2cuties (Cindy)
8~FranTimme (Fran)
9~gonescrappin' (Colleen)
10~scrapsbygracie (Theresa)
11~SeaSwan (Beth

46 comments:

  1. Hi Fran! I love that you did a step card too!!! It seems a few of chose to do one. Your card is beautiful and all of ours are so different!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed the same thing. Amazing how we decided to do the same card but each one came out so different.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I especially like the tag as it such a nice mixture of eclectic elements. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    Michelle
    Aka GardenGypsy on the CCMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are magic with that Imagine. Your tag is so very pretty....you got so much dimension on it. Love it. And your card is fabulous too. I can see you don't do things half way, you really went all out and these have an amazing finished look. Really pretty. Thanks for bringing the Imagine to the forefront too. Been too long since I've seen someone create with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't played with my Imagine much but I do enjoy it when I get it out.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tag and card! Love the layers of images and color! I will be referring back to these for inspiration and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I didn't comment when I first looked at your projects last night... I was too tired and just stayed up to make sure my blog post updated when scheduled
    :-).. I have to say that I am still so impressed with both of your projects..... as you can see several of us really like the side step card....., but your Tag is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I really loved your Nativity Scene.

      Delete
  6. So detailed...Great Job! That tag is awesome and the card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the tag and card are gorgeous. I love what you've done with the Imagine cuts, you've worked wonders with them. I have to say the tag is my favorite though. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fun cards. Love the tag/card so I could hang it in my home. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing scenes on your tag and card. TFS.
    D~ Dragonfly50
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holey Moley! I was all impressed with the tag and then did a double take because there's a card too! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paulette. Thanks again for organizing this blog hop too!

      Delete
  11. Wowzers Fran! They are spectacular! I loved the tag, but when I scrolled down and saw the card, I was amazed! What a fantastic reminder of how great that cartridge is. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both tag and card are so beautiful!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't the Imagine machine wonderful?! I love mine!! :-) Your tag and cards are just gorgeous!! Just WOW!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is a wonderful machine and sadly I don't use it enough. Thanks for the love.

      Delete
  14. Very nice tag and card. Love the colors (I missed out on the Imagine machine) and all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for visiting today and giving me some blog love. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you used your Imagine -- both the card and tag are beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way, way, way cool cards Fran!!! You have given me new inspiration to take the cover off my Imagine and put her back to work! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH WOW I never thought about using a tag as a Christmas card. You could so do that with this one. AND once delivered the receiver could use it as a tree ornament :) Well I would !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Christmas card and tag. What's not to love in a step card using Santa's Village? So cute-good colors and images. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow; your tag and card are just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that card and tag are awesome! I love all of the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how made scenes with yours cards. Beautiful! Especially the tag. I have to use my Imagine more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card and tag ROCK! Love the layered vignette you created on the tag and the scene on the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tag and card! Thanks for the detailed instructions!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete