Friday, July 18, 2014

Another Baby Album

My daughter's boyfriend Seth asked her to go to the store and buy a baby book for his sisters baby shower.  My daughter told him "absolutely not.  My Mom makes baby books and they are so much nicer."  I guess I should feel honored!  LOL!  Anyway, they both liked the last album I made and asked if I could make another one.  Seth's sister is expecting a baby girl and doesn't like "pink".  I tried really hard to stay away from pink.  Seth and his family are from Ghana and really love soccer.  They wanted me to incorporate soccer if possible.  I didn't get much in but a few pieces did make it.  I found the Ghana uniform online and printed out the jersey on cardstock to create the front soccer player.  I used yellow, teals, red, and purples in this album.  I hope you like it.  Thanks for looking.

The binding is material purchased at Joann's.  The doll is the soccer girl from Scrap Factory.

Inside the front cover is a Scrap Factory doll head and the "free kick" is a Cricut cut.  I used my Explore for all the cuts.

I wanted her to be able to include pics from the baby shower in the book.  This is a waterfall picture holder.  The Baby Shower is a Cricut cut.

This zebra paper piecing is from a set I purchased from Crafty Cat 957.  She is currently not selling but I do love her svg's.  The butterflies are from Cricut.

The giraffe is another Crafty Cat 957 svg.

The cuts on the bottom of this page are from Cricut.  I pop dotted the baby girl tag at the bottom and used adhesive for the sneakers and onsie.

This page is a combination of svg's.  The doll is from Scrap Factory bedtime expansion pack, the moon/sweet dreams is a Cricut cut, and the bunny is from Little Scraps of Heaven.  The bunny was suppose to be part of a pile of jelly beans but I modified it a little to make the stuffed bunny.

I added some flowers from my stash to decorate this page.  It's a photo holder in a pocket.

Nico came from the Rio blog hop.

These strawberries were the freebie from Miss Kate's Cuttables earlier this week.  I really like the looks of this svg.

These strawberries are from Stamps of Life stamps and dies.

I think this is my favorite page.  I was up way too late and started looking for another svg to use.  I found this adorable sandbox at Little Scraps of Heaven.  I used a tan cardstock to cut out the sand pieces.  I then coated each piece in a liquid adhesive.  I poured sand over the top of the adhesive and left it to dry.  After it dried, I covered it with a matte medium to ensure that the sand didn't come off.  I then pop dotted some of the sand piles to add dimension.

This page holds an accordion picture holder.  The baby blocks are a Cricut cut.

Another modification.  I wanted a bear sleeping on a cloud.  I modified a Scrap Factory bear to accomplish what I wanted. The cloud the bear is on is a Cricut cut and the upper clouds are a die from Stamps of Life.  The upper clouds are pop dotted.

This bear is from Scrap Factory.  The day I made this, I had received a post on Facebook with a bear holding a jar full of moon beams.  This is my adaptation of that post.  The jar is a die from Stamps of Life.  I used acrylic for the jar and covered the bottom and some of the top with platinum stickles.  I tied some string around the jar and cut out vellum on the Explore after writing moon beams on it.


1 comment:

  1. Fran, this is definitely so much nicer than a store purchased album. You do very nice work. Just Beautiful!!

    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete