Saturday, May 11, 2013

Dr. Jen's Baby Book

Hello everyone!  I'm getting ready to leave again for Asia but I had this in my head and needed to get it started before I left.  My Chiropractor is having a little boy and I promised her a book.  Noble, their first son, has the room decorated in Owls and Monkeys.  So this is the beginning of the book and I covered chipboard cut at 10 1/2 X 8 1/2 with paper.  I decorated the front cover with a branch from Spring Seasonal, the Owl from Hoot 'N Holler, and the Monkey from Create A Critter 2.  Of course it was done in CCR.  I cut the branch out of veneer and edged in ink (Thanks Nadia), added leaves that I edged with ink to give them some depth, and then added the tiny flowers.  The owl and monkey were edged in watercolor and pop dotted for depth also.  I will continue to work on the book after I return and will add the pics when completed.  Thanks for looking.



6 comments:

  1. This is adorable -- love the dimension you achieved with all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Can hardly wait to get back to work on the rest of it.

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic!! Love the dimension you achieved and now I understand the significance of the owl and monkey!!! (I was wondering!!)

    I know the parents will love it!

    Thank you for playing along on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just tooooo adorable! Love it! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly adorable! What a sweet keepsake for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the love. Waiting for some additional embellish to finish it.

    ReplyDelete