Friday, May 3, 2013

Graduation Gift Card holder and Journal

The young lady traveling with us to Japan just graduated from Eller.  Eller is the Business Management department of the University of Arizona in Tucson.  I made this gift card holder for her using the Wildcats Mascot logo and UofA/Eller logo.  I cut the cap using CCR and Everyday Pop-Up Cards.  I purchased the tassel at Hobby Lobby and attached it to the cap.  The technique for the Wildcats logo was used by several ladies at Circle Mania, so I thought I would give it a try.  I also used the Perfect Layers Rulers for an exact cut around each layer.  I did not pop dot the layers because of the thickness of the card with the gift card included.  I printed the sayings on my home printer using my Mac for the fonts.  Thanks for looking.




I love to journal while traveling and wanted to give our traveling companion a journal of her own.  I made six signatures and bound them together.  I then covered chipboard for the front and back covers.  I used a piece of Basic Gray Konnichiwa paper for the spine.  I placed a piece of Washi tape on some pink card stock and then cut it to create the book band.  I used adhesive dots to close the band around the journal and pop dotted a fussy cut bird from the paper.



5 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the details and how you matted the front's focal image. The recipient I am sure will be appreciative of the personaliztion you did on this card!

    ReplyDelete