Saturday, February 8, 2014

Mickey and Friends

My niece Riley will be three this year.  She loves Mickey and friends, so I decided to make her some to put in her room.  I cut all of them out of chipboard at 10", then layered them with the appropriate clothing, shaded/highlighted as best as I could (not my forte but I keep working on it), then DH sprayed them with a finish so if she touched them with wet/messy hands the ink wouldn't come off.  I hot glued Tim Holtz stands to the back of each one.  I can hardly wait to send them to her but her birthday isn't until June.  So I thought I would share them here.  Next project is for my 22 year old niece who is having her first child.  She has asked for a wild animal baby book.  Waiting for the new Cricut Explore to use .SVG files I purchased for animal paper piecings.  Can hardly wait for 10 p.m. on the 11th (Mountain time) so I can purchase it.





2 comments:

  1. These are so cool!!! I can't wait for her to see them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FAB!!!

    Hmmm...I might have to 'steal' your idea! For the next few years the CTMH conventions are at the Disney Parks so my life right now is all things Disney!!!

    I just checked the front porch. My new Cricut hasn't arrived yet. :-(

    ReplyDelete